Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Red Barn Wedding..

This past weekend I had the pleasure of shooting a wedding in Lancaster, SC at Andrew Jackson Park. It was beautiful! The sun was warm (warmer than I like it on an October day, but better than cold and rainy) and the ceremony was in the shade at an old building on park grounds. The wedding party was the bride, groom and the bride's two children, music was a single guitar player.. simply beautiful. The reception followed at a big red barn.. I later found out it is where the bride and groom met.
This couple couldn't have had a more beautiful day!

Here are a few sneak peeks at their photos...




I've done pictures like this before, but this time it was the maid of honors idea 
(who was also the bride's daughter, Kristen) She kept coming up with ideas and once I even saw her set up the bouquets and sand jar on a table for still life! Love to see creativity!



This was taken down on the bridge of the barn property..

Look closely. On the bridge, the couple's names are written (Jeff & Marlana) and 5-12-2010

SO glad Marlana wasn't opposed to sitting on this bridge in her dress!

This little girl tried for 10 minutes for these bubbles! I waited, camera in hand all ten minutes..
glad she didn't notice me and I was able to catch her success on camera! :)

The musician's wife.. she's a singer.. with a BEAUTIFUL voice!

Mason (the bride's son & best man/ring bearer) was heard by the groom
saying he wanted to lick the cake..
after the cake cutting the groom helped him out with that! Haha!

These were the last few pictures I took. Time ran out (as it always does) and I wasn't able to get a significant amount of time with the couple and the barn.. so in front of the whole crowd of guests, I shoved them against the barn and made them pretend to be alone! :)

Thanks Jeff & Marlana for your cooperation-
The best of luck to you!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Alisa! I think my favorite is the kid with cake smashed on his face! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know, I love that one.. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to catch it!

    ReplyDelete