Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Friday, September 17, 2010

No pictures tonight

I don't have any pictures to post tonight. Kind of rude of a photography blog to not have pictures to post, right? :) Anyhow- We went to a party for my cousin who is leaving for Germany in November. She just got home from Afghanistan (which I'm SURE I spelled right, haha!) anyway, she just returned from deployment. She's stationed in Arkansas right now and when she leaves for Germany, she'll be gone for three years. It's inspiring to see a girl so free and courageous. I can imagine the pictures and stories she'll have in five years. The special things she'll bring home from all her journeys. So.. this has inspired me to take in more of my surroundings. To share more of them. So hopefully soon I'll be posting more pictures of day to day places, trying to capture the creativity in every thing.

Also on my mind is October 16th. Indian Trail Family Fun Day.. yours truly will be there.. I'll have a booth set up to hand out information, probably a drawing to win some free photo sessions (whoo hooo!!) and maybe even some photography for sale! :) If you don't have plans and would like to come out, please stop by and visit me! 10am-4pm, Saturday October 16th in Indian Trail.

And I have to say I lied. I have one picture for you. This is from the 4th of July Parade 2010 in Indian Trail. A small town atmosphere, friendly people and family friendly.. I love this place!

2 comments:

  1. Where at in Germany will she be? That would be neat if we were stationed near each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, she told me and Lord knows the names are hard enough to pronounce, much less remember! haha! I am pretty sure it's Trier. She said the oldest city in Germany. She is in the USAF too though! :)

    ReplyDelete