Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dreams...

My church (Team Church) in Matthews, NC is not the traditional church most people grew up in (for those who did grow up attending church). In my opinion it's not a boring, out-dated place you go to stay in God's good grace. It IS a place you go to learn, grow, meet others and ultimately come to Christ.

We have message series'. Every few weeks our lead pastor Kenny teaches on a different subject. Our current series is dreams. Not the nightly dreams we have while we're sleeping.. but ambitions and goals. When looking back through pictures today, I came across pictures from my visit to Edisto Island, SC in March 2010. For some reason Kenny's message popped into my head and I felt it would be a great day to share these photos from my trip.

Enjoy...


The main point isn't that I dream of visiting the beach (although I don't object) :) the main point is that sometimes when you get those thoughts or feelings of total peace when you're doing something, when you're visiting a place.. etc.. sometimes that peace is coming from a God breathed ambition.. maybe one you don't even know you're in line for. Like I said in one of my earlier posts.. it's important for us to pay attention to our surroundings.. for me, that means documenting things, photographing things.. sharing my thoughts.
For me it's visiting new places with people I love and taking so many photographs that people moan at the site of my camera.. it's getting back to the passion I once had for taking a photograph of something beautiful in it's own way, not just because it caught the bride at a good angle. It's like hearing a song so beautiful your heart aches because of it.. like seeing a picture that really IS worth a thousand words.
I hope whatever brings you peace, you get to do it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment