Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Habitat for Humanity of Matthews Build!

To start off, let me go ahead before I get any credit.. I did not participate in this build. :( I hope to one day soon though! A very dear friend of mine works a lot with Habitat builds and my husband has helped at 2 (I think) now. He worked this build, which I found out was mainly outside work because the house had already been completed.. so I took the opportunity to go take some pictures of everyone else hard at work.. :) Enjoy...

Two of my favorite ladies!
Jessica on the left and Genea on the right...

I LOVE how all ages come out to help..


There were people from different churches and backgrounds...


All these people just came together and despite the heat, dirt, manual labor.. jumped into the project.
All to help another person.. could you imagine if all the world worked this way?

This nice guy was talking to Jessica and I overheard him say
"if I didn't do habitat, I wouldn't have anything to do.."
We all look at this as work, we dread doing this stuff..
but what I heard in his words was that it was so fulfilling his life feels empty without it.


This trench was hand dug.. whew!
Here they've already started filling it with gravel...


That guy was awesome and so quick with the wheel barrel..
and you know I had to get a little creative with a picture or two, hence the pic on the right.


Just didn't want one thing to go unnoticed!


This is one family's dream come true...


So he didn't technically help, and we were only there about 30 mins to take pictures..
but in a few more years he'll be pushing a shovel like everyone else out there! :)

Now, I can't tell you from first hand experience how working on a habitat house will change your heart.
But I know that it does happen and I know it will happen to most people on their first build.
I can't wait to be a part of a build. It creates a family.. an unbreakable bond between those that lent a helping hand and served with their hearts more than any muscle or body part.
They will always be a part of the creation of that house and that is something beautiful to me.

If you have a heart for serving others or would like to know more about what it's like to serve a habitat family, please let me know and I can put you in touch with a great resource!

I know these pictures weren't the typical "'photography" post, but I really enjoyed doing this and hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of what we can do for eachother through God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment