Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Monday, September 20, 2010

Cole's Cruisers

My niece who will be 4 this December was diagnosed with Autism this year. She is an awesome kid and so very smart! She is getting the therapy she needs and being taught in the way she needs so as she grows up her disorder will be less and less noticeable. I'm so thankful for that, but know that so many kids each year go without the right kind of teachers, the right therapy.. or without anything at all because no one knows the warning signs.

To help with this, I am walking in the Walk Now for Autism Speaks walk on Saturday, October 9th, 2010 in Concord, NC. It will be held at the speedway at 10am.

I am collecting donations now through the date of the walk to help the Autism Speaks foundation. If you'd like to make a donation through me or my team (our team goal is $500, my individual goal is $50) please visit my personal donation page at www.walknowforautismspeaks.org/carolinas/alisahomewood or at Cole's Cruiser's. Online the least amount you can donate is $20 (which I know is a bit inconvenient) so I am also accepting donations in hand, I'll come pick them up, you can mail them, send them through paypal.. whatever you need to do. A friend of mine is doing another event where she needs to raise money, and she realized that if every person she sent the request to donated just a quarter.. 25 cents.. her goal would be reached. Isn't that AMAZING and so effortless for the donors.. you don't have to have a lot of money to make a difference. You don't HAVE to have loads of time.

You just have to keep an open mind and when you see your chance, be sure to take it. Like the picture below says.. together we will find the missing pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment