Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bring Quinton home...

Just a quick reminder tonight about my holiday "special" this year.. in lieu of a specially priced portrait session or discounts like I normally offer I am keeping all sessions at their regular price.
BUT.. I am donating HALF OF ALL session fees for sessions booked by December 15th to the adoption fund of a little boy named Quinton. A good friend of mine and her husband are in the process of adopting Quinton, they are due to bring him home next spring and I really want to help out however I can. It seems the best way I can help is monetary donations and passing the word along.. so for every one hour session booked with me, $75 will go into his adoption fund! I also offer 30min sessions and lower, and half of all those session fees will go into his fund as well.

If you'd like more information on their journey, you can follow their blog by clicking below:

I am so very excited to help Carol and Brian.. they are great people and will be wonderful parents.
I did a session for Carol and her classmates this past May.. I didn't know it at the time, but I was very early along in my last pregnancy. A few months after the session I miscarried.. devastating for those who don't know.. and Carol really lifted my spirits. She sent me a message, commented on my posts and just let me know she was praying for me. I know it sounds simple, but it really meant the world to me. Her simple act of letting me know she cared helped. To be truthful, lots of you sent messages, etc.. and I am so thankful to all of you.. but bottom line-
the simplest gesture can sometimes be the greatest support.

Since my loss, I have tried to reach out to others (whether in need or not) and just offer whatever help I can. In this instance, it's money.. along with prayers and excitement and wishes and.. well, you get the point. :)

I know what I'm offering is not much.. but I'm thankful that I can offer something.
I feel incredibly blessed to be in the position to give to another person and
I know it is by God's grace alone that I have this ability
(to donate of course, but mostly to pray for them).

I urge you all.. look within and find the God-given talent you have.. the dream God breathed into you.. put time and effort into those things and when given the opportunity, use them to honor another person.
Use them to honor Him.

Here is one of my favorite photos from the graduation session I did for Carol and her classmates,
May 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment