Search Alisa Homewood Photography

Monday, November 15, 2010

Amanda Lee...

My baby sister just turned 17.. I'm both joyful and saddened by this.
I remember everything about the day she was born.. it was exactly one week before my own birthday. I would be ten that year.. my Mom & Dad didn't find out the gender of the baby, and my Mother was sure she was having a boy. She even painted her room blue! She had several boy names picked out.. no girl names. I on the other hand, being an almost ten year old girl, longed for a sister. I always wished I had siblings growing up and there was no doubt in my mind I would have a sister.

The morning of November 11th, 1993, I had off from school.. Veterans Day! So when my Mother came to my room that morning to wake me (I assumed for school) I wasn't happy.. then she said, "it's time to go to the hospital". I don't think I could have been more excited. We all got in the car.. my Dad ran every red light on the way to the hospital (classic story, I know) and I prepared for my role as big sister by calling family members from the waiting room phone.

My Mother gave birth at 7:38am to my baby SISTER! I jumped and screamed when my Daddy told me. I even got to name her because they had no girl names picked! In the years since, we haven't always gotten along.. we are ten years apart, after all.. often times I've felt more like a Mother to her than a sister. But that's never affected the fact that I love her more than she'll ever know.

Moving on.. this past week she went to homecoming.. as a junior! I got the pleasure of helping her get ready.. hair, makeup, etc.. and then got to snap a few quick photos of her before her date picked her up. Here ya go Amanda.. I love you!

Amanda Lee Burnette - Homecoming 2010

Her hair.. from side to side

On the Right: Her makeup


No comments:

Post a Comment